Saturday, September 20, 2008

PCW Laughs Last, Longest

In an attempt to distance myself from the rest of the Blogosphere, I followed my rant of a few months ago by shunning the typical passive-agressive stance and actually Doing Something About It. By which I mean I wrote a snarky letter (well, e-mail), which is what passes for Doing Something in the particular strata of Englishness to which I belong.

The staff of PCW, however, are professionals well-equiped to deal with uppity readers, and proceeded to implement the neatest bit of wrong-footing I've experienced in a long while, to whit: they awarded me the Letter of the Month. If you can find a copy of the October 2008 edition (which came out a few months ago in crazy magazine time — yeah, I should have blogged this sooner) and turn to page 20 you will see my words (slightly edited, but nothing to get all Giles Coren about).

You may also note that I won a prize: a Ricoh Aficio GX 2500 printer. As PCW Editor Kelvyn Taylor joked in his congratulatory e-mail, "I hope it comes with Mac drivers." Now, I was planning on ending with the words, "And we all know the answer to that," but bugger me sideways if the damn thing doesn't actually have Mac drivers. A review shall follow.

No comments: