Monday, June 18, 2007

The iPhone: do I care?

Maybe that's a little harsh, but it's a question that's been floating around the back of my mind for a while now. A UK launch date has still to be announced, but the question remains. On one level, sure I'd like one. It looks a hell of a lot slicker than my current phone (a Sony-Ericsson K750i), and having both a browser and e-mail with me all the time would be great. The reason I hesitate is because of its lack of productivity apps. Maybe its because of my computer-centric way of working. I don't own an iPod, and although I occasionally think about getting one in the end I can never convince myself of the need. I guess what I really want is a small computer -- one of the UMPCs from the marketing movies, rather than any of the currently available models -- and a super mobile phone, no matter how good it's going to be, simply doesn't fulfil the same set of needs.

(Yes, this was another "Please, Apple, produce a small-form-factor tablet PC" post.)

No comments: