Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Clock

Since the electricity was turned off briefly a couple of months ago, it has permanently been --:-- o'clock in my sitting room. Over the weekend I finally resolved to do something about this. Faced with a choice of either Googling the instruction manual for my ancient Philips DVP 3100V combo DVD+Video or just nipping down to Poundland to buy a cheap wall clock, I decided to go with option 3. And so I wrote a simple clock app using Corona and repurposed a 1st generation iPad to run it on.

Oh, the hours I could waste watching those little balls bounce around. It took a bit of fine tuning the trap door to stop them from clogging-up the workings but the current version has been running for a day or so now without grinding to a halt.

I've got a few other ideas I'd like to try out, so I think I'll make changing this clock a regular event.

No comments: