Thursday, July 07, 2011

"(I am not a) Creative"

There isn't a day which passes when I don't offer a silent prayer to the Powers That Be that things haven't got so bad that I've started writing poetry... What you see below are song lyrics — admittedly ones which voice will never share. They're the lyrics to "(I am not a) Creative", the song which went viral for Erin from "Internet Famous". Imagine them sung by a slightly kooky young chanteuse with an acoustic guitar, filmed on a webcam, and then uploaded to YouTube. (In fact, if anyone would like to, please feel free.) It's all part of the world-building. I might try my hand at writing "Geeky Girlfriend" next...

I took this photo
To immortalise your smile,
You won’t see it on a box
Down some supermarket aisle

I shot this movie,
It shows our lives in a beam
Of light upon a wall,
Not some kitten-based meme

I didn’t brainstorm this idea,
I can’t show you any scamps,
But my brand message is clear,
It’s you and me and romance…

I painted your picture,
Captured your soul in every stroke,
A gesture to make you want me,
Not to make you want a Coke

I told you this story
Because I thought that it was funny
And that it would make you laugh
Not make you part with your money

Now here’s my call to action,
Move your body over here,
Can you feel the attraction?
Hold me and kiss me, My Dear…

I composed this tune
To lift your mood,
To brighten up your day,
Not to sell anyone fast food

I wrote these words,
Poured my soul on pages blank,
A missive from my heart
Not a circular from your bank

I sang this song because I wanted to sing,
It wasn’t sung to sell anything,
Except for me to you,
You know I do, love you, love you, love you…

No comments: